Your Responsibilities are:
- To treat all hospital staff, other patients and visitors with courtesy and respect; abide by all hospital rules and safety regulations; and be mindful of noise levels, privacy and number of visitors.
- To provide complete and accurate information, including your full name, address, home telephone number, date of birth, Social Insurance number, insurance carrier and employer, when it is required.
- To provide the hospital or your doctor with a copy of your advance directive if you have one.
- To provide complete and accurate information about your health and medical history, including present condition, past illnesses, hospital stays, medicines, vitamins, herbal products and any other matters that pertain to your health, including perceived safety risks.
- To ask questions when you do not understand information or instructions. If you believe you can’t follow through with your treatment plan, you are responsible for telling your doctor. You are responsible for outcomes if you do not follow the care, treatment and services plan.
- To actively participate in your pain management plan and to keep your doctors and nurses informed of the effectiveness of your treatment.
- To abstain from the use of alcohol and drugs not prescribed by your physician and administered by BHB staff.
- To leave valuables at home and only bring necessary items for your hospital stay.
- To provide complete and accurate information about your health insurance coverage and pay your bills in a timely manner.
- To keep appointments, be on time for appointments or call your health care provider if you must cancel an appointment.